As a seasoned professional at ReNew Roofing, I’m here to guide you through the exciting world of architectural roofing shingles. These roofing materials have come a long way, and in 2023, there are more options than ever to enhance the aesthetic appeal and durability of your home.
In this blog post, I’ll introduce you to three must-explore architectural shingles selected by our experts. After reading, you’ll be equipped with in-depth information and insights that will help you choose the best roof covering material for your home.
Best Architectural Shingles In 2023
Architectural or dimensional roof shingles are in a league of their own. They not only offer superior protection but also a unique and stylish look that can boost your home’s curb appeal. In 2023, manufacturers have introduced innovative designs and materials that make these shingles more versatile and appealing than ever before.
#1 GAF Timberline® UHDZ™ Shingles
At the heart of Timberline UHDZ shingles lies a revolutionary feature – the Dual Shadow Line. This innovation creates a striking visual effect, casting dramatic shadows along your roof throughout the day. Unlike other dimensional shingles, these shingles offer a unique, ultra-HD wood-shake appearance, resulting in a luxurious aesthetic.
- One of the standout features of Timberline UHDZ shingles is the inclusion of the new 30-year StainGuard Plus PRO™ Limited Warranty against blue-green algae discoloration.
- By choosing a GAF Master Elite® contractor to install a qualifying GAF roofing system with Timberline UHDZ shingles, you can unlock an extended 30 years of workmanship coverage.
- The impressive pattern of these dimensional shingles is made possible by GAF’s proprietary granule technology and unique color blends. These elements work together to ensure that your roof looks impeccable from any angle and at any time of day.
- In regions where high winds are a concern, these shingles come with GAF’s WindProven™ Limited Wind Warranty. To qualify for this warranty, the shingles must be installed with a combination of four qualifying GAF accessories, including ridge cap shingles, attic ventilation, starter strip shingles, roof deck protection, and a leak barrier. It’s imperative to refer to the GAF’s warranty info for complete coverage details and restrictions.
To ensure that your roofing project is executed to perfection, consider hiring a contractor who has been certified by GAF. These contractors have access to GAF’s loyalty rewards and enhanced warranties, guaranteeing top-notch quality.
At ReNew Roofing, we’re proud to be a GAF Master Elite® contractor. If you live in Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Missouri, we’d be happy to answer all your questions regarding your roof replacement project.
#2 Malarkey Ecoasis® Architectural Roof Shingles
Malarkey Ecoasis shingles stand out as an example of roofing innovation that combines top-tier performance, sustainability, and craftsmanship. These shingles are crafted in the popular architectural style, ensuring they offer optimum protection with a striking appearance.
- These shingles are made with Malarkey’s NEX® Rubberized Asphalt, setting a new standard in the industry. This advanced material endows Ecoasis shingles with remarkable all-weather resilience, making them a dependable choice for any climate.
- Malarkey Ecoasis shingles have earned an impressive Solar Reflective Index (SRI) rating, certified by the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC).
- These roofing shingles feature up to 50% more adhesive bonds than standard shingles for incredible performance in wind storms.
- Achieving a Class 3 hail impact rating, these shingles prove their worth by withstanding substantial impacts.
#3 Owens Corning TruDefinition® Duration Storm® Shingles
The Duration Storm architectural shingles are engineered to withstand the harshest weather conditions, making them a reliable choice for homeowners in regions prone to severe storms.
- What makes these shingles truly remarkable is their patented WeatherGuard® Technology. It allows the shingles to meet the highest impact resistance in roofing materials– the Class 4 impact rating.
- These shingles feature patented SureNail® Technology, which enhances the shingle’s wind resistance.
- These shingles incorporate the StreakGuard® Algae Protection feature that prevents unsightly algae growth, ensuring your roof looks as good as it performs.
- These shingles are specially formulated to showcase vibrant hues and dramatic shades with multiple-granule colors for a rich appearance.
Whether you’re looking for a luxurious wood-shake appearance, top-tier performance, and sustainability, or unparalleled weather resistance, these amazing dimensional shingles have you covered. However, you should consider some important factors when you’re getting new shingles.
Choosing The Right Architectural Shingles In 2023
Here are some tips on what you need to consider, straight from the experts:
Quality and Durability
When selecting architectural shingles, prioritize quality and durability. Look for shingles with layered construction and multiple laminations, as they are known for their enhanced longevity. Consider shingles made from high-quality materials such as asphalt or fiberglass. Thicker shingles typically offer better protection against the elements and are more durable in the long run.
Architectural roof shingles are renowned for their dimensional appearance. Choose shingles that create a captivating, three-dimensional look on your roof. Pay attention to the depth, texture, and style options available. Ensure that the shingles you select complement the design of your home and your personal preferences in terms of color and style.
Your local climate and weather conditions should guide your shingle selection. For regions with harsh weather, like heavy rain, snow, strong winds, or extreme temperatures, opt for shingles that offer superior protection. Check that the shingles have UV protection to prevent color fading, and consider shingles with high wind resistance ratings. If you’re in an area prone to hail or falling debris, prioritize impact resistance.
Energy Efficiency and Cool Roofing
Architectural shingles can contribute to energy efficiency. Some shingles are designed as cool roofing options, reflecting more sunlight and absorbing less heat. These types of shingles can help reduce energy expenses and improve indoor comfort, particularly in hot climates.
Maintenance and Longevity
Consider the maintenance requirements of your chosen shingles. Additionally, seek architectural shingles with long lifespans and comprehensive warranties. Longevity ensures that your investment is protected, reducing the need for frequent repairs or replacements.
Installation and Compatibility
Consult with your roofing contractor about the ease of installation. Some architectural roof shingles may require more labor due to their multi-layered or laminated structure, impacting installation costs and time. Ensure the shingles are also compatible with other roofing accessories such as ridge cap shingles, underlayment, and ventilation systems.
Sustainability and Local Insights
If sustainability is a concern, inquire about the environmental impact of the shingles, including their recyclability and green certifications. Additionally, seek recommendations from local contractors and homeowners who are familiar with architectural shingles in your area. They can offer valuable insights into what works best for your specific climate and provide practical recommendations based on local experience.
If you need help choosing the best roof shingles for your home, our professionals will be happy to guide you through the process.
Schedule A Free Consultation & Explore The Best Roofing Shingles For Your Home
At ReNew Roofing, we’ve been installing and replacing shingle roofs for many years. Our professionals have decades of experience and have won over numerous happy customers over the years. If you are looking for shingle roofing services in Wisconsin, Minnesota or Missouri, you can trust our team to provide you with the finest results. So, call us at (833) 715-7663 and schedule a free consultation with one of our experts. We are proud to be among the most dependable shingle roofing contractors in the area, and we look forward to working with you, too!